CCB #2: Growth Groups deserve more credit then given.
Every Sunday, the place where I work is transformed from a movie theatre to a church. As I proceed to study the different types of groups, I realize this church gathering is an excellent example of a growth group. A growth group’s main purpose is to teach each other more about one another and grow together (Adler & Rodman,269). From time to time, I get the chance to listen to what is being preached, and I’m very grateful because some of the speeches find myself experiencing through a similar analogy.
As I saw through the years, my father attending church, I one day decided to see what it was all about. I realized that those that attend the service share something in common, which the belief in god, this belief brought some common ground for them to unite and grow.
I realized that a church was also a group of people that support one another emotionally. When people experience adversity, the church is their rock that gives them that support and helps them to continue on. Although at times, I miss out on church on because I’m scheduled for work, I’m still grateful to be able to listen in, on another church. Although at times we say, we are okay, church gives us that inspiration that tells us “your not the only one experiencing hardship”. Throughout the years, my view on church has changed drastically from thinking church was a pointless establishment where people went just to read a book, to an organization of people that do just more than what my then immature mind thought. We might think that growth groups such as churches, group therapy etc. are meaningless but when you need help and think you’re alone, growth groups are a source of inspiration. I believe growth groups aren’t given enough credit, and people like me should attend one before thinking so immaturely.
I found this ad very interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ0wr27a2vY
As I saw through the years, my father attending church, I one day decided to see what it was all about. I realized that those that attend the service share something in common, which the belief in god, this belief brought some common ground for them to unite and grow.
I realized that a church was also a group of people that support one another emotionally. When people experience adversity, the church is their rock that gives them that support and helps them to continue on. Although at times, I miss out on church on because I’m scheduled for work, I’m still grateful to be able to listen in, on another church. Although at times we say, we are okay, church gives us that inspiration that tells us “your not the only one experiencing hardship”. Throughout the years, my view on church has changed drastically from thinking church was a pointless establishment where people went just to read a book, to an organization of people that do just more than what my then immature mind thought. We might think that growth groups such as churches, group therapy etc. are meaningless but when you need help and think you’re alone, growth groups are a source of inspiration. I believe growth groups aren’t given enough credit, and people like me should attend one before thinking so immaturely.
I found this ad very interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ0wr27a2vY

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home