CCB # 4
For my art history assignment, I have to go to Mcmaster's art museum and analyze a painting and write a five page report based on that piece of work.
Having no knowledge about art, I went in. Questions that arises in my mind where "is that all? what is this? how is this art?". After staring into the pieces of works I decided to talk to talk to someone that actually work there to help describe the pieces. After telling the lady about my assignment, she first said was "All these pieces of work fall under the title : "Identity". Being clueless, I asked myself how do these pieces of work fall under that heading. As we work our way around the museum, i realized that behind the picture there is much more meaning. Although the pieces of art work might look simple, they all try to communicate a message. Sometimes we might have the same opinion and sometimes we might have different view points. There is no real answer to art.
The lesson that was learned was, if you've never gone to a art museum and have spare time, go to one. You'll be surprise to what art work represents.
Having no knowledge about art, I went in. Questions that arises in my mind where "is that all? what is this? how is this art?". After staring into the pieces of works I decided to talk to talk to someone that actually work there to help describe the pieces. After telling the lady about my assignment, she first said was "All these pieces of work fall under the title : "Identity". Being clueless, I asked myself how do these pieces of work fall under that heading. As we work our way around the museum, i realized that behind the picture there is much more meaning. Although the pieces of art work might look simple, they all try to communicate a message. Sometimes we might have the same opinion and sometimes we might have different view points. There is no real answer to art.
The lesson that was learned was, if you've never gone to a art museum and have spare time, go to one. You'll be surprise to what art work represents.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home